The Thornton Contracts and Purchasing Office is always looking to fund and implement projects that help make Thornton more environmentally friendly and sustainable.
- Installing a solar photovoltaic system on the roof of Thornton City Hall
- Replacing interior and exterior lights with efficient LED bulbs
- Finding ways to repurpose/reuse old furniture instead of sending it to the landfill
- Purchasing city vehicles that are as fuel efficient as possible
- All forklifts are now powered by propane.